Monday, August 28, 2006

OK...ok...ok...

I know it's been a really long time since I have posted anything. I have had 2 Dr. appt's since my last posting. And today we found out we are having a LITTLE BABY BOY!!! Yes, a boy. I never thought of myself as the mom of a boy, but I love the thought of it now. And I know the Lord has given me exactly what I am suppose to have. Josh is, of course, THRILLED! He has wanted a boy since we found out we were expecting.

The guy who did the sonogram said everything is looking right on schedule. He is exactly the size he should be. He has all of his arms, hands, legs, feet, eyes, etc... His kidneys, brain, heart and spinal cord all look good too. The only "bad" thing we learned was that there may only be 2 blood vessels in the umbilical cord, where there should be 3. So Friday I am heading to the "high risk" doctor to have a level 2 sonogram to help us to see if that is really the case. If it is, then we will be monitored very closely from here on out. Starting at 28 weeks I will be having weekly appts. and a sonogram every month. That will be to track his growth very closely, and if he shows any signs of growth problems, my Dr. said she will deliver me early. I am praying that the tech was wrong about the whole thing. And if it is true, that he will continue to grow normally until term. Although, a few weeks early would give us a great tax deduction for 2006! As long as he is healthy, I am good with that!

So for the long weekend, Josh and I are planning to start on the nursery. We are hoping to put up a chair rail and paint. We are thinking a football themed room!

I feel him moving around all the time! Just about the time I begin to settle down at night, he decides it's time to "play." I guess that's why so many babies are born with their days and nights mixed up. I am feeling really well. Morning sickness is completely gone...Praise the Lord... And I haven't had any really weird cravings. Well, that 's all the scoop for now. I will try to post again after the second sono on Friday!

Here's the latest pic of BECKHAM JEFFREY FARIS!! Isn't he CUTE??





4 comments:

Liz*** said...

Congrats!!!! Little boys are a lot of fun! I'm excited for you!

Amy Porter said...

I am so excited for you guys!! I know you are having so much fun...getting things ready and all set!!! I can't wait to see the nursery!! You need to post pictures when it is all done! Congrats!

Joyce B. said...

Woo hoo, a post and a boy! So fun. I'm very happy for you guys. Will you call him Beckham or Beck or Ham? :) Seriously, I know there's a plan! Love you, come visit.

Katie said...

yippee! can't wait to meet little beckham!