Saturday, September 27, 2008

Thank you

Thanks to all of you who gave me such great advice and words of "experienced" wisdom on the whole crib-vs-toddler bed debate. We have decided to go ahead and make the jump to the toddler bed in a few months when Beckham turns 2. We thought economically it would be the best,(we can use it for the new baby when the time comes too), and if we do it around his birthday it should give us a few months to get him acclamated to the new bed. That is our prayer anyway.

This whole process is another one of those bittersweet times when you are so excited that your child has reached another milestone in growing up, and yet it makes you a little sad that they are growing up so fast. I know I say it all the time, but Beckham just get's bigger and bigger everyday. Not in size, we are still going on for weight checks, but everyday is something new. Talking, understanding, playing, etc....I LOVE watching it!

NEW BABY UPDATE: All is well. I go in for another sono in 3 weeks and we should have a definite on the gender of this little one. I am starting to feel little tiny movememts, but I think if this were my first pregnancy I would have no idea that's what I was feeling. Still haven't gained any weight, but I starting to show a little bit. Regular pants definetly don't fit anymore!! More in 3 weeks...

And STATE FAIR pics soon to follow.

Monday, September 22, 2008


So as Beckham gets older, I often ask myself "who does he look like more?" I see so much of Josh in him, but when I look old pictures of myself, he looks alot like me too. So, take a peek at the pictures and decide for yourself. There's no right or wrong, but I would love to know what y'all think.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008


Experienced moms, I need your help. Josh and I are trying to decide whether we should buy a Beckham a "big boy bed" and use the crib we have for the new baby, or buy another crib and keep Beckham in his crib as long as possible.

My initial thought is to buy a bed for Beckham and use the crib for the new baby. It's probably the most cost effective thing to do, and part of me thinks having 2 cribs is a little unnecessary. On the other hand, Beckham has never crawled out of his crib, and with as short as he is, I really don't think he will be able to crawl out for awhile. So by putting him a big bed, I am afraid, will only allow him to get out in the middle of the night and come in our room to wake us up. NOT FUN!! He will only be 26 months when the new baby is born, so I also feel like he will have plenty of time before he has to be out of a crib.

SO has anyone else been here? I don't think I would buy a brand new crib, I would try to find one at a consignment sale/store. And if I could find a convertible crib at a reasonable price, then both kids would have cribs that would eventually be toddler beds then big beds. But is have 2 cribs dumb? HELP!!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Little Sickie

So Friday morning, Beckham woke up with a runny nose and a sneeze. He seemed to feel ok, but runny none the less. We hung out for a while with my Mom and sister, went home ate dinner, all the usuals. He was in bed by his normal bedtime, and it seemed to be shaping up for a great evening to spend some time with my hubby watching a movie. Well, not 2 hours later, and probably 30 minutes into the movie, we heard screams coming from Beckham's bedroom. Not what any parent ever wants to hear, especially while trying to snuggle on the couch.So we got him out of his bed and sure enough, he had that "I don't feel so great" look on his face. So, after a dose of Tylenol, we did like any parents trained well by their child would do, we put him in bed with us, and we all retired for the night. Saturday morning he woke up (after I got barely any sleep after kicked all night long) and he still wasn't looking like he felt so hot. No fever, snot was clear, so nothing major, but still yucky. So we settled in for a relaxing morning of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I had to take some pictures because he looked like SUCH a big boy!! He laid on the couch covered up with his blankie, and quietly watched TV. It was too cute!! Even Buddy climbed up and took a little snooze with him.

When did my son get SO grown up?? I am TOTALLY loving this age, but everyday I realize a little more that he's growing up so fast right in front of me. These are days I will never get back, so I am trying to take them all in as much as possible. He's almost 21 months old. That is SO close to 2. We have been working on "how old are you Beckham?" and now he's already saying "2!" It breaks my heart a little more everytime he says it! I don't want to be reminded of it. And with the new baby coming, I am beginning to feel a little guilty that he won't be getting 100% of our attention. I know parents go thru this ALL the time, and kids adjust alot easier than we usually give them credit for, but I can't help it.

New Baby update: I am 14 weeks today, and I am starting to feel normal again. I am only a little nauseous when I wake up in the morning, but that is usually gone in an hour or so. I am getting my energy back too! I even felt so good today, we all went on a family walk in the beautiful weather after work. I go in 2 weeks for a regular check-up and back to the high risk Dr. on Oct 20th for the definitive ultrasound on whether it's a boy or a girl. I CAN'T WAIT! I am going witht the 90% chance right now, but have this feeling that the 10% chance it's a boy is going to be the reality. I guess we'll see in a few weeks...

Monday, September 15, 2008



Friday, September 05, 2008


Can you name that movie?? It's my favorite movie of all time (followed by a close second, THE WIZARD OF OZ).

So we went to the Perinatologist today for an NT screening test. This is the sonogram they ck for things like Down Syndrome, Spina Bifida, and 2 other genetic abnormalities. She said the baby is looking PERFECT! Everything is measuring exactly like it should. The only thing she couldn't tell at this point was whether the baby has a 2 vessel umbilical cord like Beckham did. So that means I go back at 18-20 weeks and she will be able to tell then. Not that it is a really big deal, just something to keep an eye on. Hopefully all will come back good with that too.

So, while she was peaking around at things I asked her if she could tell us whether she thought the baby was a boy or girl. I knew it would just be a guess, but I couldn't wait! At first the baby was not cooperating at all. She wasn't gonna say what she thought because she couldn't get a good enough view. But then the baby moved a little bit, and she was able to zoom in a little. She said she would only go with a 90% guess, but she thinks it's a GIRL!! Now I know it's really early to tell, and there's still a chance that something may "pop out" at any time, but I'll take a 90% guess for now. We aren't going out and buying any pink yet, but I have to say, I am REALLY excited!!! I am just SO thankful that everything looks healthy. PRAISE GOD!!

Morning sickness is still hangin around. I feel ok some days, but most days I have at least a little bit of nausea. I am ready for that to be over. Hopefully just another couple of weeks.

Monday, September 01, 2008

Just an update

I am officially 12 weeks pregnant! I went to the Dr. on Friday for a sonogram and visit. This was my 3rd sono for this pregnancy. I had a small hematoma they were watching, but PRAISE THE LORD it is gone. I don't see my regular Dr. for 4 weeks. I will see the high-risk Dr. for the routine 1st trimester screening in 2 weeks. The sono they do is a level 2 sono, so they can see a little more than a regular sono. This screening checks for things like spina bifida, down's syndrome, and other potential "problems." Part of me wonders why I even choose to do this. It won't change a single thing if it comes back for anything, but I guess it's a way to be "prepared." I am praying all is well.

Being I have had 3 sonos in 12 weeks, I have seen the little peanut grow from a little dot on the screen to an actual baby! It still amazes me. GOD in HIS creation is SO perfect! I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl, but I really think I saw "boy parts" on the sono on Fri. The lady said it was too vague, but I won't be even a little surprised if it's a boy. STILL PRAYING FOR A GIRL THOUGH!! Either way, healthy is all I really want.

Well, that's it. Still having morning sickness almost all day, and many other fun things that revistited me from my last pregnancy. (Those of you who I have shared with know exactly what I am talking about.) I am ready for the 2nd trimester to start feeling a little better.