Sunday, May 11, 2008

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

Well, this Mother's Day was great! Josh had his last day at his old job on Thursday (praise the Lord!) so that left Friday wide open for me to spend with my 2 favorite boys in the whole world!! We went to run errands all morning. Then we ate lunch at GATTI TOWN in Frisco. Beckham had a blast!! He loves pizza and even though most of the games were still a little big for him, he loved the carousel and all the noise and lights of the arcade. I can't wait to take him when he's a little older. Then we went to the mall and walked around a little bit. Then we went to look at a couple of model homes. No, we aren't moving any time soon, we were just curious about this new neighborhood being built, so we stopped. Then Beckham and I went home. Beckham napped while Josh went to get him a little pool for the backyard. When he woke up....well the pictures explain it all!


Beckham can now open the doors in our house. It's his favorite new game!


Sliding down the slide in the pool!


Dont' adjust the color on your monitor, folks. Yes, he's THAT pale!! Poor baby!

Saturday we spent the day with my family in Ft. Worth. My nephew, Cal, is turning 8 years old on Tuesday, so we had the family b-day party. Then we all went to dinner to celebrate Mother's Day with my mom. It's great to be able to spend time with family. We were missing my sister and her family in Tennesse, so it wasn't quite complete, but we still had fun. Sunday was church , then a few errands, then lunch with my son and husband for Mother's Day. Overall, a WONDERFUL weekend!!

My sweet husband didn't disappoint on the gifts either. He bought a new lens for my camera, which ROCKS, and a gift card to Bath and Bodyworks. My mother-n-law surprised me by getting Beckham's picture taken a few weeks ago, and gave me the prints as my gift. PERFECT GIFT!!!

So Mother's day 2008 was great! I am mindful of all the mom's celebrating their first Mother's day and also those mom's who have lost children this year. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Britney K said...

Hey girl! I feel like I think about you all the time. I miss you! We're moving saturday so we'll be close! I'm so glad! Glad y'all had a good weekend! Beckham is too cute (and a little pale!) :)
Love you!

Kelli said...

So fun! I have been thinking of you so much lately. We need to get together and catch up soon! I love that you had such a fun mother's day. You deserve it! Love you!

Beth P said...

Two blogs to add to your "browsing list":
www.cfhusband.blogspot.com
This family has an incredible story and one that is very inspiring. Then they had a reader who is a photographer who did a photoshoot with them and has some really cool techniques that I thought you might be interested in.
www.jessicaclaire.net
I know your blog fans will be interested in the cfhusband story too...I have spent a little too much time catching up on this family's life and not taking care of my own...ooops!