Friday, June 16, 2006


9 weeks and counting!

We had our second Dr. appt today. It was pretty routine, but very informative! I have lost 4 pounds, which is not unusual in the 1st trimester. Especially the way I have felt the last couple of days. BLAH!!! The nausea has been pretty bad. All day long! But I think of it as a good thing. It lets me know things are normal and going well. I also found out that I am blood type B-. I never knew that! What that means in pregnancy is that I have to have shots in the 28th week to basically turn me to B+. There is a chance that the baby is a + blood type, which wouldn't make any difference in this pregancy, but it could effect any other pregancies. Basically, if my blood and the baby's blood mix at anytime, my body would build up an immunity to + blood. So if the next baby is also a + blood type, my body would basically reject that baby. So bring on the shots! I am glad she prepared me for that this early. At least it won't be a big shocker then. Over all, she said everything was normal and looked great with all of the other blood work.

So then we were ready to listen to the heartbeat. She put all of that really cold jelly on my tummy and we listened, and we listened, and we listened....but no heartbeat! So we did another ultrasound!! SO FUN!! We got to see the little munchkin again and oh my goodness...what a change! It has grown SOOO much in just 3 weeks! I doesn't look like a dot anymore. Josh thinks it looks like a snowman. It has a definite little body and head. We saw it's tiny little arms. And we could see that it had eyes and little facial features! AND it's little heartbeat looked GREAT!! Whoo, what a relief. My next sono won't be for 10 more weeks, but that's the appt that we get to see if it's a boy or a girl. And YES we are finding out! I can't wait.

The picture posted is not mine. The Dr. was out of printer paper. How sad! So I found it on the internet, and it looks a lot like what our baby looked like today!

1 comment:

Joyce B. said...

I made a comment yesterday about how you were always an overachiever and so it makes sense you'd need to move from a B- to a B+. It's fun reading your blog.