Thursday, June 01, 2006



Did I mention that we have a puppy? His name is Buddy and he's about 7 months old and weighs about 50 pounds. He's the cutest black lab ever, and for the most part, pretty well behaved. He does have this lunging/biting thing going on right now that we are trying to break him of. I really think he's just playing, but when you have 50lbs of dog lunging at your face, it can hurt a little bit. So, to help settle this problem I have turned to the "Dog Whisperer." Have you heard of this guy? Anyone who watches Oprah probably has. His name is Cesar Milan and he has his own show on the National Geographic Channel. He's SOO cool! He totally gets really bad dogs to do whatever he wants them to. You should check it out. Anyway, Cesar has conviced me that I am not "The Pack Leader." This is the position where the dog knows that I am boss and he is not. Evidentally, according to Cesar, dogs think of their families as packs and they all want to be the pack leader. Well, we as humans have to show them that WE are the pack leader. Well, Buddy and I are battling it out in our pack right now! I am trying all the little tricks I have picked up from the Dog Whisperer, and none of them are working! I've even tried telling Buddy that I am the pack leader on our walks. Josh just tells me not to say that out loud where other people can hear me, please! He really thinks it's dumb. So, alas, I am not the pack leader yet...but I soon will be!! Help Cesar!!!

Anyway, the Dot and I are ok too. Still pretty much constantly quesy. I found that ginger herbal tea helps in pretty long intervals. And NOTHING sounds good to eat. I guess that's good. I'm really trying not to gain any weight this first trimester. We'll see how that goes...Well, I have to go watch the Mavs. Hope we win tonight and can put the Suns away on Sat!!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

girl, this is precious! I am so excited that you have a blog, and you KNOW how excited I am for you and Josh! You were so faithful and patient, you deserve a wonderful, precious baby!! Have a great week and I hope your tummy feels better soon! xoxo