Friday, September 01, 2006

ALL IS WELL!!

Let me first say that Josh took the whole day off today. I forget how fun it is to have a random day off with my husband, not a holiday or a weekend! I love it! I wish we could do it more often!

Anyway, we headed to the "high risk" Dr. today. She was great! She did confirm that there are only 2 blood vessel in the umbilical cord, but that it is really nothing to be too concerned about. In fact, she didn't seem concerned at all! She took a good look at everything and confirmed that Beckham(she confirmed for sure it's a boy!) is growing exactly how he should be. His heart, brain, and spinal cord all look great. And she looked for facial abnormalities and didn't see anything. So PRAISE THE LORD!!! ALL IS WELL!! She said that she sees this fairly often and in only 2 cases has the baby's growth been affected. So, all it means is that I will have ultrasounds every 4 weeks until I deliver, and starting at 28 weeks, I'll be seen at my regular Dr. every week instead of every 4. So the fun part is we get to see Beckham alot as he grows! And growing he is! He's already gained 2 oz since Monday!!! So thanks for all of your prayers! We truly appreciate them!

4 comments:

Liz*** said...

I'm so glad that everything looks good! We will keep praying...

Anonymous said...

That is great news! What a relief, and answer to prayer!

Anonymous said...

(FYI - that last post was from Janae)

Amy Porter said...

We will definitely continue to pray for your sweet baby!! It will be fun to watch the baby grow with having an ultrasound each month! They just get neater and neater! Take care!