Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The fun begins!!

Ok, time for a little honesty. As thrilled as I was when I found out I am having a healthy, precious baby boy, I still mourned the fact that I'm not having a little girl. Does that make me a bad person? I mean, I knew from the very beginning I was having boy, I guess it was "Mommy's intuition." And of coarse, I prayed for a healthy baby, regardless if it was a boy or girl. But that little part of me, deep down, that always saw myself with pink and bows, was a little...well...sad. I'm just being honest here. Maybe men go through the same thing when they get the news they are having a girl? I don't know. But I am glad to say the saddest has past, and I have embraced the fact that I am going to be the mommy of a rough and tough little boy! So the fun now begins...the nursery. We spent most of the weekend cleaning out the closest, getting ready to paint. We are thinking a football/sports themed room. Let's face it, I married a sports nut! And truly, I enjoy sports,too. So why not try to pass that love on to Beckham? So here are a few pictures of what we want for bedding. I love it!

3 comments:

Amy Porter said...

SO CUTE!! The nursery will be super cute whatever you do...you are good at decorating!! Have fun putting it all together! And hey, if you ever get the urge to buy bows or frilly stuff...I know you have nieces, but there is ALWAYS Mallory!! :)

Anonymous said...

I think a sports filled room is a great idea! I love the pictures!
Tiffany Browder

Kelli said...

Too CUTE!!!