Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Just an update...

Well the last couple of weeks have been a little busy in the Faris house. Memorial Day weekend Josh had to be in San Francisco for a trade show. So I thought it was the perfect time for me to tag along. So we packed up and headed for Cali. Yes, Beckham too. It was interesting traveling with a 5 month old. But he was SO good!! He slept the WHOLE way to and from San Fran. It was great! The time change got to him a little, but overall he did wonderfully!

San Francisco was great! I love the weather there. I know a lot of people complain that it is too cold and foggy there, but I love it!! 65 degrees and slighlty overcast works for me. Saturday night we went over to Sausalito and ate at a restaraunt on the Bay. Sunday we drove up to the wine country and did a little wine tasting. Then Monday we headed home. Quick trip, but very fun!

Then we packed up again and headed to Arkansas the following Thursday. Josh's parents rented a cabin on Lake Greeson. It was great. Josh's parents, us, his brother Nick and his wife Jesse, and his brother Ben and his girlfriend Amy all spent the weekend just relaxing. We played games, ate way too much, took naps, and basically just enjoyed the eachothers company. Thanks Jeff and Reta for a GREAT weekend!!!

Beckham has been a little out of sorts since we haven't been home a lot lately. He's a little fussier these days, but I think getting back in our routine will help. He went to his new babysitter for the first time today, and I am proud to say, he did great! She said he just played, and laughed, and ate and slept. All the things a baby should do. I am thankful to have found her. I am praying it continues to be a good fit. He's only there 1 day a week. The other 2 days he is still with my mother in law. I coudn't ask for a better situation! Except of course being able to stay home full time. I am still praying about that one!

Here are a few picture from the lake. Enjoy!
Make a PhotoShow Full Size

1 comment:

Amy Porter said...

Mark and I were in Arkansas last weekend on the lake, too!! We were on Lake Ouachita! I don't know if that is close to where you were, but that is crazy that we were both up there!! We left our kiddos behind with the grandparents and had a relaxing weekend! It was great!