Sunday, November 04, 2007


The GREAT STATE FAIR OF TEXAS!!!

Ok, I know I am like a month behind for this post, but better late than never! We decided to go to the Fair the last weekend it was open. We got there when the gates opened and we were gone by 1:30. Neither of us are really "ride" people, so the fair loses some of it's appeal on us. I did ride one ride and promptly realized I am WAY TOO OLD to be doing that!! Especially since everyone else in my car was not above the age of 15!! Our first stop was at the root beer stand. You know the one with the fresh, ice cold REAL root beer. YUMMY!!! Then our next stop was, of course, the corny dog stand. I know it was 10:00am, but state fair corny dogs know no time boundaries! But sadly while Josh was getting our corny dogs, I was "attacked" by a bunch of bees after my root beer!! Some nice guy stopped and helped me try to shew them away with his ball cap, but to no avail. The root beer was thrown away, and bye bye bees!

We walked around a little more, wasted some $ on a game or 2, then went to the one attraction EVERYONE loves....THE CARS!!!! The fair is a great place to look at cars because every make and model is available to peruse. BUT, one word of caution....it will give you the bug to buy a new car. And that's exactly what we did. (Not at the fair, of course) We went straight to the Honda dealership and traded in our Jetta for a shiny, new Honda CRV! It just made more sense than the Jetta for our growing family. (No, we aren't growing currently, but we like to plan ahead.)

So all in all, the fair was FUN!! Beckham loved looking around and seeing all the sights. He even enjoyed some of our corny dogs. Here are a few pics...


Me and Beckham at the front gate
Josh and Beckham at the Midway

Josh and "Bumble Bee" from TRANSFORMERS

Beckham sleeping thru the LOUDEST place on earth!!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Can't wait to see the new car- so fun! I'm glad ya'll got to go to the state fair- we missed it this year, but I always love going. See you Wednesday!