Friday, April 24, 2009

LOVE YOU FOREVER

I have loved this book since my senior year in high school when my English teacher read it to our class. I love that it is a story about a mother and a son. I have given it as a gift numerous times over the years, and the day I found out I was having a boy when I was pregnant with Beckham, I bought this book.


Every night before Beckham goes to bed, we have reading time. Usually it's book like "THE VERY HUNGRY CATERPILLAR" or some sort of Elmo book. Well much to my delight, a few days ago, he pulled out "Love You Forever." Normally, he is not interested much in the story, but as we read it for the first time, he hung on every word. He even asked to read it a second time. And now it is a regular part of our night time routine. I have noticed there is one part that he pay particular attention to. He always goes back several times to the picture where the son is holding his aging mother. I always ask him if he will hold me like that when he's big and strong and I am old. He usually says a little "yea" and flips the page.


Well, tonight we were reading along and he kept flipping back to that page. So I asked him my usual question, expecting the same usual answer. But tonight he cuddled up next to me, gave me HUGE hug and held on to me and said "Hold you, mommy, hold you."


Oh man, it's those moments that make all the frustrating moments of the day melt away.





3 comments:

Kelli said...

Sweet friend, I love you and I love your precious kids. Love Your Forever has always been a special book to me. You should also read "The Runaway Bunn" sometime. Let's talk soon, love you!

Kaylane said...

I am about to start crying at work.....

I pray that those moments as a parent will stay with me forever!!

Anonymous said...

great story, sis...great story!