Thursday, July 05, 2007

Can you believe it???

Ok, anyone who knows me even a little bit will probably know that there is one thing in this world I absolutley REFUSE to eat... AVACADO!! I can't explain it. I have never tasted an avacado or anything made with avacado, but the mere thought of putting that green , squishy, slimy thing in my mouth completely repulses me. I am THAT passionate about my dislike for avacado. So you can imagine my dismay when reading my baby food book I came across the fact that avacados are one of the best things you can feed a baby. Yes, it's true. I even went to internet to find conflicting information, and all the websites agree. Some even say that it has been argued that humans could live for a significant amount of time on avacados alone due to their high nutrional content. UGH!!! I couldn't believe it!!! BUT not only do I want my son to be healthy and eat foods that are good for him, I just as importantly do not want him to be the type of picky eater that Josh and I are. I want him to at least try everything before he decides he doesn't like it. Unlike his mother! My brother's kids eat all sorts of things that kids normally don't like. Olives, tomatoes, etc... In fact, one of their favorite snacks is cherry tomatoes!

So in light of all of that, I fed Beckham avacado yesterday. I truly did not like doing it at all, but I did it. I mashed it up, mixed it with a little formula, heated it up just a tiche, and fed it to my son. And of course, he liked it! SO for all of you who have tried for years to get me to eat avacados, I hope this will be a little sweet justice for you. And I still don't ever plan on eating avacados.

Here are a few pictures marking this momentous occasion.

Here is the nasty avacado on the spoon. YUCK!
Here's the first bite. YUCK!!
Not quite sure if I like this or not.

Hey, that stuff is pretty yummy. More please.





Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Liz*** said...

I believe it! I love avocados just as passionately as you hate them.:)
That was Grant's first finger food and he still loves them. I'm glad that he eats them since they are so good for him. That is one of the only healthy things he eats.