Sunday, January 06, 2008

Happy New Year!!

Well, I can't believe the holidays have come and gone so quickly! It seems I say that every year. I had a patient tell me once that getting old is like a roll a of toilet paper...the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes! She's in her 80's and it made me laugh, but I can see her point. The older I get, the faster the years seem to go by. Especially 2007! Watching Beckham this year has been amazing! What a precious blessing for Josh and I.

Our holidays were just as hectic as everyone's, but they were WONDERFUL! My sister and her family were in town from Tennessee, so that alone made it a blast. We were able to spend a lot of time with them, but of coarse, it wasn't enough. Christmas Eve was spent at my sister's house in Dallas. We had the usual mass chaos of opening gifts. When you have 10 kids opening presents ALL AT ONCE, it can get really LOUD!! But, as always we had fun. Beckham really didn't get any of it. He wasn't even interested in tearing any paper. Next year I am sure will be a different story. Christmas morning we went to my in-laws house. Santa left Beckham's gifts there this year. My mom and step-dad came over to see the Santa festivities. We all had a yummy breakfast together, opened presents, and the rest of the day was spent watching Beckham play with all of his new stuff. FUN!! Josh and I both had to work on Wed. Then on Friday we had a birthday party for all of the Dec/Jan birthdays in my family. For some reason it seems we like to have babies this time of year. Here's the list...Dec 29-Beckham, Dec 30-Darrell (brother), Jan 3-Marin and Cameryn (nieces), Jan 20-Kylie (niece), Jan 21-Zachary (nephew), Jan 22-Shelby (niece). CRAZY! So my sister rented a bounce house, a cotton candy machine, and a sno cone machine for the day. The kids had a great time. Then Sat was Beckham's real birthday and we had everyone over to our house for the party. It was TOO CUTE! He loved his cake and having all of his family at his house.

All in all we had a wonderful time. We were definetly ready for a few days of relaxation! New Year's Eve, Josh went to his brother's house for a party, while I stayed home with Beckham. And New Year's day was reserved for what else...football!

Here's a slide show of a few pics from Christmas with my family and Beckham's birthday. I didn't take a single picture on Christmas morning with my camera, so I need to get them from my family. Later for those.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute! I wish I could have been there. He reminded me so much of Tristan on his first Bday with those little hands going like that!

Cara