Monday, January 21, 2008

Oh what a beautiful morning....

Ok, not so much. Last night me and some of the girls went to see "27 Dresses" (Cute flick, by the way), and decided it was too early to go home and we were having so much fun, we should go get a beverage of the adult variety at On the Border. We had a great time. I have really been craving some good girl talk, so it was great!

Well, this morning I get a phone call at 7:45am from my mother-n-law. She asked me if she had her days confused about keeping Beckham for me. I FORGOT I HAD TO WORK THIS MORNING!!!! Now, I don't usually work on Mondays, so it's not completely surprising, but still a pretty dumb thing to do.

I threw myself out of bed so fast, put Beckham in his crib, grabbed some scrubs that didn't match, brushed my teeth, grabbed some food for Beckham and my makeup bag, loaded Beck in the car, and headed out the door. I left my house at 7:54 and was at work at 8:25!! Praise the Lord it was a holiday, otherwise I may still be in traffic right now! We were able to reschedule my 8:00 patient to later on in the day, and thankfully she was SO understanding. This was the 3rd time I have had to reschedule her!

So there's my morning. I was actually nauseous after the adrenaline wore off and I was able to settle down. Ever done anything this stupid before??

2 comments:

Becky said...

Sorry about all that, but we sure had fun!!!!!!!! I really do miss hanging with the girls!!

Amy Porter said...

I hate that rushed feeling in the morning...yikes! I have done that before! Glad you got to have a fun night with the girls, though! I need one of those! :)