Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sweet story

Yesterday we were able to get together with my family for my birthday dinner. When we all get together, we make a pretty big, pretty loud bunch, so we try to gather in places that can deal with those 2 things. This year that meant LOVERS PIZZA in Dallas. It's a really great little Italian restaraunt that's usually yummy and not too expensive. I highly recommend it.

Anyway, onto the sweet story. My niece, Cameryn, is 6 , and she has grown up to be a sweet, precious little girl. She's very tender hearted, and tends to be like a little mother to other kids around her. SO, in my birthday card, my sis-n-law told me to pay attention especially to what Cameryn wrote. She had no idea that I am pregnant, and in the card she wrote "I wish you would want another baby." I think she meant that she wishes I would have another baby. So after reading it, I pulled her over to me and asked what she meant by what she wrote in my card. She said "I want you to have another baby." So I told her her wish came true, that I am going to have another baby. I wish I had a camera on her face when I said that! Her little mouth dropped open and she threw her arms around me and gave me the BEST Cameryn hug EVER!! It made me cry. I don't know if my brother and sis-n-law had told her about the miscarriages or not, but somehow she knew something. Her excitement was so genuine, the kind only a child can have. It was just so sweet and precious. I won't soon forget it.

Thank you sweet Cameryn for you tender little heart. I pray THE LORD continues to bless you with that gift, and uses you to touch people the way you touched me on my birthday. I love you, sweet girl!!

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! And, oh, that was SO sweet, definitely made me tear up. So excited for ya'll and will continue to pray. Love you!!

Aimee said...

Congrats!!! I didn't even know!!!! I am so happy for you guys. That story is soooo sweet. What a precious little girl!

Beth P said...

I love my baby girl! It was definitely a sweet moment that would have been great on camera...We are all very excited about baby Faris #2! Love all 4 of you!