Monday, September 01, 2008

Just an update

I am officially 12 weeks pregnant! I went to the Dr. on Friday for a sonogram and visit. This was my 3rd sono for this pregnancy. I had a small hematoma they were watching, but PRAISE THE LORD it is gone. I don't see my regular Dr. for 4 weeks. I will see the high-risk Dr. for the routine 1st trimester screening in 2 weeks. The sono they do is a level 2 sono, so they can see a little more than a regular sono. This screening checks for things like spina bifida, down's syndrome, and other potential "problems." Part of me wonders why I even choose to do this. It won't change a single thing if it comes back for anything, but I guess it's a way to be "prepared." I am praying all is well.

Being I have had 3 sonos in 12 weeks, I have seen the little peanut grow from a little dot on the screen to an actual baby! It still amazes me. GOD in HIS creation is SO perfect! I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl, but I really think I saw "boy parts" on the sono on Fri. The lady said it was too vague, but I won't be even a little surprised if it's a boy. STILL PRAYING FOR A GIRL THOUGH!! Either way, healthy is all I really want.

Well, that's it. Still having morning sickness almost all day, and many other fun things that revistited me from my last pregnancy. (Those of you who I have shared with know exactly what I am talking about.) I am ready for the 2nd trimester to start feeling a little better.

7 comments:

Rebekah said...

YAY!!!! So excited for you! Thanks for the update, we'll keep on praying for that precious baby. Love you!!!

Amy Porter said...

Praise GOD!!!!! I'm so glad that everything is going so well...aside from the morning sickness. And you crack me up about seeing boy parts...are they even "out" yet?! :) I'll be excited to hear what it is as well!! Keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

Love you! I am so excited!

Cara

Carolyn said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you guys. What a wonderful blessing.

Tiffany said...

So exciting that you are 12 weeks! I want to have you and Josh and Beckham over!!! I'm almost fully unpacked!! hope to see you guys soon! Let me know what your schedule looks like, I'm pretty much open ALL the time. Ha!

Kelli said...

It's a girl, I already told you! I am so happy and excited for you, I know everything is going to be perfect! I will keep praying for you and for your precious baby. I love you!

Stephanie said...

I am thrilled to hear your good news! Isn't it amazing to see your baby grow? I didn't like being a high risk pregnancy, but I loved getting to see my babies more often! We'll continue to lift you guys up in our prayers!