Monday, March 31, 2008

My new favorite...

My favorite new discovery is the Zip Loc Zip n Steam Bags. Have ya'll used these yet? They are awesome!! Anyone who knows me knows that I do not like to cook. And since I try to feed Beckham a little more healthy that what Josh and I eat, these little bags have come in handy. I made my own baby food for a while and it was really easy and much less expensive than buying jarred food. But I was using a steaming basket, which technically still counts as cooking to me. I didn't mind doing it that way, but I wish I had discovered the steam bags sooner. Now I chop up all of Beckham's veggies for the week and put them in baggies and store them in the fridge. Then when it's meal time, I just take out the amount I need, throw them in a steam bag
and microwave them according to the cooking time on the bag. SO EASY!!! I have even started taking the raw veggies to the babysitter along with a steamer bag for Beckham's lunch. It's just as easy as packing anything else. The food tastes so yummy too. Beckham loves his carrots, squash, zucchini, and broccoli. And by steaming them, it leaves most of the nutrients in the food to. They even have recipes to create entire meals in the steam bags. I haven't tried any yet, but I plan to. The only down side is the are a little pricey. But I have started to use 1 bag per day. That way I don't feel like I am wasting them. So, if you hate to cook as much as I do, or just don't have a lot of time to cook, try these bags. They are GREAT!!!

2 comments:

Britney K said...

Oh! That's totally great! I'm planning on cooking Eli's food when the time comes and was planning to use my steamer. But those sound great! Hope to see you soon! Love you!

Becky said...

Nifty idea. I only wish that Maggie would eat ANY veggies right now. :o)