Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Little Sickie

So Friday morning, Beckham woke up with a runny nose and a sneeze. He seemed to feel ok, but runny none the less. We hung out for a while with my Mom and sister, went home ate dinner, all the usuals. He was in bed by his normal bedtime, and it seemed to be shaping up for a great evening to spend some time with my hubby watching a movie. Well, not 2 hours later, and probably 30 minutes into the movie, we heard screams coming from Beckham's bedroom. Not what any parent ever wants to hear, especially while trying to snuggle on the couch.So we got him out of his bed and sure enough, he had that "I don't feel so great" look on his face. So, after a dose of Tylenol, we did like any parents trained well by their child would do, we put him in bed with us, and we all retired for the night. Saturday morning he woke up (after I got barely any sleep after kicked all night long) and he still wasn't looking like he felt so hot. No fever, snot was clear, so nothing major, but still yucky. So we settled in for a relaxing morning of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I had to take some pictures because he looked like SUCH a big boy!! He laid on the couch covered up with his blankie, and quietly watched TV. It was too cute!! Even Buddy climbed up and took a little snooze with him.



When did my son get SO grown up?? I am TOTALLY loving this age, but everyday I realize a little more that he's growing up so fast right in front of me. These are days I will never get back, so I am trying to take them all in as much as possible. He's almost 21 months old. That is SO close to 2. We have been working on "how old are you Beckham?" and now he's already saying "2!" It breaks my heart a little more everytime he says it! I don't want to be reminded of it. And with the new baby coming, I am beginning to feel a little guilty that he won't be getting 100% of our attention. I know parents go thru this ALL the time, and kids adjust alot easier than we usually give them credit for, but I can't help it.










New Baby update: I am 14 weeks today, and I am starting to feel normal again. I am only a little nauseous when I wake up in the morning, but that is usually gone in an hour or so. I am getting my energy back too! I even felt so good today, we all went on a family walk in the beautiful weather after work. I go in 2 weeks for a regular check-up and back to the high risk Dr. on Oct 20th for the definitive ultrasound on whether it's a boy or a girl. I CAN'T WAIT! I am going witht the 90% chance right now, but have this feeling that the 10% chance it's a boy is going to be the reality. I guess we'll see in a few weeks...

No comments: