Friday, September 05, 2008

Her Colors Are BLUSH AND BASHFUL!!!

Can you name that movie?? It's my favorite movie of all time (followed by a close second, THE WIZARD OF OZ).

So we went to the Perinatologist today for an NT screening test. This is the sonogram they ck for things like Down Syndrome, Spina Bifida, and 2 other genetic abnormalities. She said the baby is looking PERFECT! Everything is measuring exactly like it should. The only thing she couldn't tell at this point was whether the baby has a 2 vessel umbilical cord like Beckham did. So that means I go back at 18-20 weeks and she will be able to tell then. Not that it is a really big deal, just something to keep an eye on. Hopefully all will come back good with that too.

So, while she was peaking around at things I asked her if she could tell us whether she thought the baby was a boy or girl. I knew it would just be a guess, but I couldn't wait! At first the baby was not cooperating at all. She wasn't gonna say what she thought because she couldn't get a good enough view. But then the baby moved a little bit, and she was able to zoom in a little. She said she would only go with a 90% guess, but she thinks it's a GIRL!! Now I know it's really early to tell, and there's still a chance that something may "pop out" at any time, but I'll take a 90% guess for now. We aren't going out and buying any pink yet, but I have to say, I am REALLY excited!!! I am just SO thankful that everything looks healthy. PRAISE GOD!!

Morning sickness is still hangin around. I feel ok some days, but most days I have at least a little bit of nausea. I am ready for that to be over. Hopefully just another couple of weeks.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I AM SO HAPPY!!! And I TOLD you it was a girl! I'm going to buy her an enormous pink bow the moment I get my new atm card in the mail. :) Love you!